社区应用 最新帖子 精华区 社区服务 会员列表 统计排行 银行
主题 : 考博英语改错应试指导
camera 离线
级别: 论坛版主
显示用户信息 
楼主  发表于: 2012-01-31   

考博英语改错应试指导

考博英语辨错与改错就是从一个句子四个划线的找出一个错误并加以改正。句子的错误是多种多样的,涉及到语法、词汇和逻辑结构等方面,但通常以语法方面的错误为主。下面我们将辨错与改错测试中涉及到的语法要点和错误类型进行归类和分析,以帮助考生从中领悟出做这类试题的方法和技巧。 xG(xG%J  
(一)主、谓语不一致 W#P`Y< u$  
句子中的谓语动词和主语在人称和数上不一致,这类试题主要涉及到以下四个方面: c'.XC}  
(1)主语后面有一个较长的定语或定语从句,该定语或定语从句的最后一个词,也就是谓语动词前的那个词的单数或复数一般与主语的单、复数相反,以此来干扰学生。 E<l/o5<nC  
例1 The Capital city is noted for its many modern improvements, but in other parts of the country V3>tW,z  
A /%mT2  
lack of enough good roads have delayed progress. '451H3LC0  
B C D *`q?`#1&&.  
例2 The most noticeable feature of tarsiers, small animals which look like monkeys are their !:PiQ19 'u  
A B `a%MD>R_Lg  
large eyes that allow them to see well at night. u"uL,w 1-  
C D s+?2oPa  
(2)有时候,为了增加考试难度,在倒装句中考主谓语的一致。 kO5lLqE  
例3 Never before in history has so many people been interested in the study of foreign [#9i@40  
A B C D egvb#:zW?  
languages. dU#-;/}o  
例4 On each side of the highway was hundreds of billboards advertising everything from modern motels to roadside stands that sell fresh fruit and bedspreads. (1995年考题) f S[-K?K  
(3)后面由with, as well as, rather than, along with, together with, in addition to, including等修饰的单数名词作主语时,其谓语动词也要用单数形式。 |r*)U(c`  
例5 The president of the college , together with the deans, are planning a conference for the pI:,Lt1B  
A B C ~o>Gm>5!HH  
purpose of laying down certain regulations. J#48c'  
D ^?$,sS ;Q  
(4)由连词or, nor, neither… nor, either…or, not only… but also连接的两个名词,谓语形式要与它最接近的主语一致。 xbBqR _ H_  
例6 Neither her parents nor her teacher have persuaded her to change her mind. j.ucv  
(二)虚拟语气方面的错误 xorafL  
做这类题考生首先要掌握虚拟语气的构成和主、从句的搭配,熟记常见的虚拟语气类型以及一些特殊用法,重点掌握下列常用的要引起虚拟语气的形容词和动词。 >MGWN  
形容词:necessary, essential, urgent, imperative, possible, vital, desirable, important, natural. Kv(R|d6Lp  
动 词:suggest, ask, recommend, insist, demand, decide, advise, propose, order. gfs;?vP  
例7 So great was the influence of Thomas Paine on his own time that John Adams suggested that the era was called “The Age of Paine.” (1995年考题) <^\rv42'(2  
例8 If you would have studied French in college you would not have found the J*[@M*R;&  
A B NNF"si\FE  
scientific terminology(专门术语)so difficult to understand. o//h|fU@  
C D IH;sVT $M  
(三)非谓语动词的误用 ~\mh\a&  
这一类的试题设计比较灵活,如果考生对各种非谓语动词(动词不定式、动名词、分词)的句法功能及用法没有透彻的了解,对它们与谓语动词、逻辑主词、逻辑宾词和其他词类之间的搭配关系掌握得不好,就很难解题。比如,下列动词或词组后面只能跟动词分词:enjoy, finish, appreciate, avoid, miss(错过), mind(介意), deny, admit, keep, prevent, consider, look forward to, can not help, object to, turn to (求助于), adapt to,等等。 m/1FVC@*  
以上动词考生应重点掌握。 {g!  7K  
例9 you will almost always find Caroline playing a video game because she enjoys to be X+C*+k,z  
A B C D P&uSh?[ ^  
challenged. d?8OY  
例10 Annoying at the long check-out lines, the shopper began to sigh loudly, tap his foot, and J7* o%W*V  
A B C pY`$k#5  
glance at his watch. 0k5-S~_\  
D Cjx4vP  
例11 The president devoted his energies to update the curricula, making the education offered at uhh7Ft#H  
A B C >I|8yqbfm  
Washington college as meaningful and usual as possible. (1996年考题) :Ln)j%&  
D N<9 c/V  
(四)词序有误 /@F'f@;  
这一部分重点测试以疑问词引导的从句中的词序以及倒装句的词序,考生要重点掌握那些常用的出现在句首句子就必须倒装的词或词组,如:by no means, in no cases, under no circumstances, not only…but also, not until, never, nowhere等等。 s`jlE|jtN  
例12 Only after local residents became sick and publicly voiced their displeasure the chemical w6i2>nu_O  
A B (N}-]%#  
company began to clean up its dump sites. 6u0>3-[6OD  
C D 8YFG*HSa  
例13 People who lose weight with the help of behavioral techniques like weighing . vb##D  
A ?> }p'{I  
themselves regularly and keeping records of what do they eat seem to need the same techniques to Z 2N6r6  
B C 'F d+1 3  
keep the weight off. 2y - QH  
D 2g= 6 s  
例14 Suddenly, Gallup’s name was on everyone’s lips; not only he was the prophet of the E`o_R=%  
A B f~NS{gL*  
moment, but it was generally believed that he had founded a new and most important method of p^pd7)sBr  
C D 9\4x<*  
prediction. J\y^T3 Z  
(五)句子结构不对等 ]lwf6'  
句子结构的对等性要求在表达词法相同的成分时,动词与动词、名词与名词、词组与词组、从句与从句都要对等。常出现的错误有下列几种情况: KnkmGy  
(1)并列连词and, but, as well as, or等连接的两上谓语形式、非谓语动词、从句结构等在形式上没保持一致。 :}e<   
例15 At school he found that he hated eating in the dining-room, studied for his chemistry class, MJ JC6:  
A B C D EHwb?{  
and doing his laundry. -TF},V~  
例16 The high school graduate, if he is eighteen or nineteen, has these alternatives: attending z}[ u~P,  
A B C R! M'  
college, finding a job, or the army. \p(S4?I7  
D ^*}D*=>\  
(2)复合并列连词not only…but also, whether…or, both…and, either…or等连接的两个成分在词性和结构上不一致。 VZi1b0k1.  
例17 The city council has the power not only to pass new laws, but also select a new JTKS5 r7?  
A B C =`3r'c  
mayor between elections should the need arise. y~+LzDV  
D   t{] 6GlW  
例18 Office revolution not only has changed how work is done but redefined the function of P8YnKyI,.  
A B C Yh1</C  
everyone who works in an office. (1996年考题) gX{j$]^6G8  
D ! v![K  
(3)引起比较状语从句的从属连词as…as,…than连接的两个成分在结构上不一致,造成逻辑上的错误。 ^UvL1+  
例19 To the best of my knowledge, the climate in Arizona is better year-round than any other 8WytvwB}  
A B C I0F [Z\U  
state. E <yQB39  
D 1'hpg>U  
例20 The carpenter told me that to repair the old building would cost nearly as much as (]q ([e  
A B C /RB%m8@;  
build a new one. j0L%jz  
D K>'4^W5d,  
做这类试题时,考生一定要记住:当两者比较时,必面是句义相当,或同类事物、词性相比较,才合逻辑。 TIp\-  
例21 Despite this similarity with other creatures, the evolution of humankind differs from RhJ3>DL  
A B z"< S$sDh  
other species in one important and unique way. (1996年考题) f4S}Nga(  
C D iYLg[J"  
F7}yt  
(六)形容词和副词的误用 |}77'w :  
这类题往往在副词与形容词的修饰关系上出错。形容词一般只能修饰形容词,不能修饰形容词,而副词可以修饰形容词、动词等。 bD v& ;Z  
例22 If you want a real effective stereo that plays music clearly, you’d better buy a graphic (1=@.srAzK  
A B C D y0 vo-Q  
equalizer. d*u3]&?x&f  
例23 The scientists, concerned about the potential hazards, wanted the latest research finding =4)8a"7#.  
A B _&HFKpHQ  
made publicly. F~v0CBcAL  
C D p_xJ KQS  
(七)可数与不可数名词的误用 sB0]lj-[Un  
例24 This sitting room would be much improved if you put a furniture in that corner. qi@Nz=t#HJ  
A B C D E7$ aT^  
当然,在名词方面考生还应掌握下列两种情况。 WDnNVE  
(1)有些名词形式上是单数,实际上是复数,因此谓语动词要用复数,如people, police; iu=@ h>C  
(2)有些名词形式上复数,但意义上是单数。这类名词通常是以s结尾的科学名称和疾病名称,谓语动词要用单数,如physics, statistics, acoustics. FpB3SJ6 B  
D8k >f ]  
(八)时态和语态方面的错误 N8T.Ye N  
做这类题,首先要确定句子是主动还是被动关系,还要搞清前后时态是否一致。 ke6,&s%{j  
例25 She said to me that she will get the job in spite of her inexperience. {%2p(5FB  
A B C D Ozqh Jb  
例26 Not too many years ago my mother jogged in the alley behind our house because she was Wu,=jL3?$A  
A B #Hy9 ;Q  
embarrassed to see jogging in public. (1996年考题) 7LaRFL.,kO  
C D BD$Lf,_  
a{e1g93}  
(九)固定搭配不当 0 Swu]OE  
1.动词、名词和形容词与某个特定的介词的搭配 auB+g'l  
例27 Exploratory investigations reveal that Alaska is capable to producing 45 to 55 percent of its G_WFg$7G%  
A fG?a"6~  
own requirements of agricultural products, instead of approximately 10 percent, the quantity now uKY1AC__  
B C CT\rx>[J.6  
produced. n1x3q/~  
D rZAP3)dA  
2.连接词的固定搭配 zl, Vj%d  
常用的连接词的固定搭配有:either…or, neither…nor, both…and, no sooner…than, scarcely/hardly…when, rather…than, the same…as, so…, that, not long…before. 6XAofN/5f  
例29 One expert remarks that a computer with so many tubes as the brain has neurons would B&(/,.  
A B C D _Kli~$c& M  
require the Empire State Building to contain it. (1996年考题) B<|Vm.D  
例30 Failure to advertise could result in either reduced sales and less profit nor legal actions. B0g?!.#23  
A B C D \R 3O39[  
例31 Clearly, Japan is still not very well understood in the West; what Westerners do know iYW<qgz  
A B xNJ*TA[+  
seems to be either extremely negative nor extremely positive. (1995年考题) Ix@nRc'  
C D "-HWw?rx/  
(十)多余的词 4y)6!p  
同一概念的词在句中重复出现。 {\h:k\k  
例32 The manufacture and production of steel was one of the industries on which the 'v(b^x<ZS  
A B C 6/0bis H  
country’s prosperity was founded. +wEsfYW  
D fG@]G9Z  
例33 He returned back to China after he had finished his degree in the United States. ##" Hui  
A B C D _GoFwVO  
例34 Sponges, with a structural organization like that of colony of one-celled animals, they stand 8yswi[  
A B C Fbw.Y6  
at the lowest level of the animal kingdom. ] < ;y_  
D =+VDb5= TV  
例35 He was so exhausted he couldn’t scarcely keep his eyes open until the movie was over. :@Ml-ZE  
A B C D t#!AfTY$w  
(十一)连词的误用 H@|m^1  
这类试题的特点是结构与逻辑交织在一起,考生不仅要判断结构是否正确,还要从整句的意思判断逻辑上是否讲得通。此外,考生必须熟记一些常用的连接词固定搭配(在固定搭配部分已作了介绍)。 U*BI/wZ  
例36 Kenneth had his heart set on owning one of the new sports cars, but he finally succeeded in wO]H +t  
A B C D ?%T]V+40  
buying one. ,W$&OD  
例37 As long as sharks are heavier than water, they must swim continuously or they will sink to CE4Kc33OU|  
A B C D WuQ;Da0+_F  
the bottom. cVaGgP}\  
,y)V5 c1  
F~GIfJU  
(十二)意思或语形相近的动词、名词、形容词或副词的误用 P(p|NRD@1  
英语中有些词意或词形很相近,要是考生对这些词的拼写或词义间的细微差别掌握得不够牢固,就很难识别出错的地方。 > =Na,D  
例38 Over the centuries, women have developed considerate expertise in the techniques of adapting to men, but that ability is not the same as truly understanding male psychology. p3IhK>  
例39 Rupert Davies inherited a million pounds from his uncle, and two months late he won 0J .]`kR  
A B C k4J Tc2b  
another million on the football pools. .p78 \T  
D ,H] S-uK~  
Xz'o<S  
(十三)关系代词与连接代词的误用 5[`f(;  
关系代词who(whom, whose), which 和that 引导定语从句;连接代词who(who,whose),which和what引导主语从句、表语从句和宾语从句。要注意whoever和whomever的用法。连接代词whoever相当于any one who,因此不能用who去代替whoever的作用。此外,考生一定要牢记:非限制性定语从句必须用which引导。 ^= qL[S6/M  
例40 In spite of the ever-increasing exploitation of natural resources, that now reached dangerous C)&BtiUN/  
A B fHgvh&FU  
proportion, little has been done on a world-wide scale to slow down or stop this success. 1995年考题) !dwa. lZ&X  
C D :f0 #4'f  
例41 A wise and experienced administrator will assign a job to whomever is best qualified. 'Z6x\ p  
A B C D v+DXs!O{  
例42 The scholarly interest in perception stems largely from questions about the sources and validity of that is known as human knowledge. K#x| /b'5d  
b%xG^jUXsX  
辨错与改错练习(100题) GjX6 noqT  
1. All her friends and acquaintances were simultaneously sympathetic and jealousy, but that didn’t get rotu#?B  
A B C  aco w  
the housework done.. E g_ram`\R  
D $v1_M 1  
2. When the time allotted to the course is sixty to ninety hours the entire contents of the book may be zCmx1Djz  
A B C rb]?"lizi  
used for advantage. Ed1y%mR>  
D UYhxgPGsj  
3. All languages seem to possess the machinery for vocabulary expansion either by putting together 5jsZJpk$  
A B q!YAA\'31  
words already in existence or by borrowing them from other languages and adapt them to their own ]3L/8]:  
C D 5I/lFoy7  
system. pL ,l  
4. Considered that her son-in-law was not good enough for her daughter, the snobbish woman aqv'c j>  
A B C a2eE!I  
displayed a frigid hostility towards him. M]SeNYDy  
D D=}\]Krmay  
5. Facing dangers and difficulties together are supposed to give the members of an expedition an )D&xyC}  
A B C T_fM\jdI  
amazing feeling of companionship. YRU95K [  
D plM:7#eA  
6. Everyone thought they had no chance of escaping but some weeks later they emerged from the &W{v(@  
A B C #g<6ISuf  
jungle safely and soundly. P[tYu:  
D LHSbc!Y'.  
7. I was lucky to have had relations to look after me, otherwise I might have to be cared for by foster P+DIo7VTX  
A B C bbT$$b-  
parents or even put in a home. \susLD  
D Pk;YM}  
8. During the war, women became indispensable as workers outside the home, so they had to keep the w[AL'1s]  
A B C 0B: v0 R  
factories and government machinery running while the men went out to fight. ~7m+N)5  
D S q{@4F}d  
.AZwVP<  
9. The unions have begun to concede that pay increases restricting to talented teachers are preferable to ER0B{b  
A B C c:""&>Z  
no pay increases at all.  s;-AZr)  
D 6"R'z#{OF  
10. Biological extinction will quickly follow the end of commercial whaling should that end due to a 9dWz3b1[ ]  
A B C (p<pF].  
shortage of raw materials, i. e. of whales. $=) Pky-~  
D nu(7Y YCM$  
11. I find this habit of opening windows all the time really most aggravated, particularly when the JfmYr47Pv  
A B C D \>X!n2rLZe  
temperature is minus 10. h}kJ,n  
12. Since be shows such little interest himself, it’s not surprising he gets hardly no response from the F~eY'~&H}  
A B C D ?wFL\C  
class. s;$f6X  
13. Two years ago there was a very bad drought, in order that the wells in our village began to dry up. f+8 QAvh  
A B C D 'u~0rMe4})  
14. Very few of children are well enough to perform in the school concert that they have canceled it. B9Hib1<8  
A B C D mhy='AQJ  
15. This is the case, many families have to confine all their recreational activities to the weekend. SZ}=~yoD(  
A B C D ESYF4-d+  
16. At the meanwhile I’m leaving her there so as to free to concentrate on things over there. :2K@{~8r  
A B C D keFH CC  
17. New Zealand, which is situated between latitudes 34 s and 47 s , consists principally of two islands, h9/fD5  
A B %D5F7wB   
of which the southern is the larger but the northern is the much highly populated. _54gqD2C,  
C D iaLZ|\`3a  
18. So far as we know, Shakespeare lived a fairly uneventful life during which he apparently wrote 33 8g Z)c\  
A B zo8D"  
plays, among them “Hamlet” and “King Lear” are generally considered the greatest. r$8'1s37`  
C D 5OzEY7K)  
19. I can no longer read a number plate at the required distance for the test, so I have tried very hard to gKQV99  
A B C I]E 3&gnC  
take care of my eyes. -J8Hsqf@  
D =*"8N-FU  
20. A large proportion of farmland is devoted to coffee, tea, pineapples and to raise other cash crops in %qiVbm0  
A B C 8'%m!  
order to earn much-needed foreign exchange on the export market. 7eAV2.  
D sRA2O/yKCE  
N9-7YQ`D  
21. Although they promised to have it finished by the end of this week it now looks extremely U||GeEd  
A B C c!/ +0[  
unlike. ;RRw-|/Wm  
22. At school he was given very little encouragement to follow the career of his choice, resulted in his /s} "0/Y\  
A B C 1P*hC<  
wasting several years in the wrong job. S#?2E8  
D 7HBf^N.  
23. I’ve asked my secretary to stay at the office for she can cope with visitors while I see to the KE@+I.x  
A B C D Hd\V?#H  
arrangements for the banquet over there. `SsoRPW&$  
24. Dr. Dossey became interested in time and health when he noticed how many patients insisted in b%%r`j,'JE  
A B UaF~[toX  
having watches with them in hospital, even though they had no schedules to keep. DZtpY {=Z  
C D W>C?a=r~  
25. Ten years ago this little village was delightfully unspoilt but now it has been discovered by the dN)8r  
A B oDMPYkpTu  
rourists and became quite commercialized. vxj:Y'}  
C D YE~IO5   
26. If, on first acquaintance, people seem a little shy or even unfriendly they may simply be suspicious gTXpaB<  
A B C C ,MNv}w@  
at strangers. ld@+p  
D |HD>m'e  
27. She told us her plane had crashed in the jungle and it was a miracle she had survived. Since her story "!V`_ S;  
A B C Z%]K,9K  
sounded so far-fetched that we were very skeptical. r|u[36NmA  
D _ZK^J S  
28. It’s very annoying when experts talk down to you so that they think you know nothing about their Ee2P]4_d  
A B C D 2c 0;P #ol  
subject. 6/mz., g2  
29. Modern button, unlike early ones, they are frequently mass-produced and usually made of plastic. L AasmQ  
A B C D tfGs| x  
30. The cost of groceries have risen so rapidly during the past several years that lower-income AAlc %d/9  
A B C LJ/He[r|[  
families can scarcely buy what they need. N7_eLhPt*8  
D >] 'oN  
31. Although Latin was extreme important in its day, it has been considered a dead language since the Y:ly x-lj  
A B C Hyy b0c^=  
fall of the Roman Empire. I.jqC2G  
D :}zyd;Rc  
32. Loving throughout the western world, ballet is a theatrical art that tells a story through dance @F<{/|P  
A B C 6MT (k:  
accompanied by music. Q:(mK* _  
D :S0!  
33. Faced with the possibility of a water shortage during the summer months, the city has asked it uGMzU&+  
A B C '6dVe 2V  
citizens to limit their use of water. 1n8[ fgz  
D lLTqk\8g  
34. The discovery of gold hastened the settlement of California as much, if not more than, the reports of 4|`>}Nu  
A B C \9VF)Y.ke  
the fertile land and the good climate.  p@ ^G)x  
D wsWFD xR  
35. Expressionism is characterized by both the simplification of form and the use and utilization of SV>tw`2  
A B C D P }sr  
certain colors. ^z{szy?Fg  
36. The telegraph opened up the possibility of almost instantaneous communication and there by '[ {<a Eo  
A B 5g7@Dj,.  
offering many practical advantages to people in all walks of life. EnM  
C D ':vZ&  
37. Many centuries prior to the Norman invasion, the Romans have conquered Britain, and remained 1#A$&'&\J;  
A B C k7CKl;Fck  
there for almost four centuries. y@3p5o9lv-  
D H$h#n~W~  
38. It is not known exactly when the first immigrants arrived in the New World, but where did that event l ^lb ^"o  
A B C , QcS[9$  
occur is certain. tqGrhOt  
D @j/2 $  
39. In the New World as in Europe, each region developed its own distince pattern of culture adapted to jW'YQrj{<Y  
A B C *LEy# N  
local conditions and influential. CxF d/X,  
D .e~"+Pe6b  
40. The Mayan priests, who were not only excellent mathematicians but also outstanding scientists, 5RP kAC  
A B $'J3 /C7  
calculated the correct revolution of several planets and even predict eclipses. sey,J5?  
C D a`!Jq'  
41. When archeologists begin digging, they generally have a good idea of what they are looking for xa~]t<2  
A B C mJSfn"b}K  
and where they are like to find it. 'FErk~}/4s  
D b[74$W{  
42. If he would have lost his first fight with Sonny Liston, no one would have been surprised. /WuYg OI  
A B C D <Riz!(G  
43. Although space satellites have existed for less than thirty years we are now dependent on them K zWo}tT  
A B C uz8LF47@:-  
for all kinds of informations. U+Y(:  
D $YSXE :  
44. One evening Sandr’a boyfriend, John, tells, her he is going out for a drink with his friends and she #{cy(&cz  
A B 5'zXCHt  
decides she’d like to go to the college disco rather than stay in stay in by her own. aFnel8  
C D 5n@YNaoIb  
45. In 1642 the French philosopher, Pascal, produced a mechanical calculator which could do all what ]\(8d[ 4  
A B C GK@OdurAR  
basic adding machines do today. pQz1!0  
D $V~@w.-Z#  
46. Sugar provides man with quick energy but it has neither vitamins, minerals, and other body-building 4 PK}lc  
A B ( S[z  
material necessary for an adequate diet. G@8)3 @  
C D G3.aw  
47. William Pitt urged that the English colonists sere given the same constitutional rights to which other vSgT36ZF  
A B C <Ky-3:pxeM  
English subjects were entitled. /_C2O"h  
D &\h7 E   
48. John Calhoun objected to creating a federal strong government because he believed that each state Ew8@{X y  
A B y'R}  
should decide most issues for itself. <:S qMf  
C D }%wd1`l7  
49. People once thought of the languages of backward groups as savage, undeveloped forms of speech, zm_8a!.  
A B C {2\Y%Y'}*  
consisted largely of grunts and groans. f{sT*_at  
D qE)FQeN  
50. Just as the curriculum of the academy grew out of that of the Latin grammar school, for the ) c@gRb~  
A B C &o:5lxR{  
curriculum of the public high school developed out of that of the academy. 6h:QSVfx  
D HbTVuf o  
51. A creative person will be emotionally receptive to new and unconventional ideas and will be least M xE ]EJZ  
A B C xGd60"w2  
interested in facts than in their implications. j\y;~ V  
D ^z?b6kTC  
3?93Pj3oPt  
52. It was a long time before manufacturing techniques improved and not until early in the 19th century R"nB4R0Uh  
A B RY-iFydPc  
came the Arithmometer on the scene as the first commercially successful calculator. WtM%(8Y[]  
C D oi #B7  
53. Sulfuric acid is used so extensively in manufacturing that thousands of factories would go out of ;_}pIO  
A B 'xW= qboOp  
business if this acid is unattainable. 77RZ<u9/`  
C D xT*'p&ap  
54. Generally, Europe and Asia are regarded as being distinct continents, but they are simply vast N ,~O+  
A B C Y=S0|!u  
geography divisions of the larger land mass known as Eurasia. #xI g(nG  
D QkrQM&Im  
55. Because of the large amount of salt, the specific gravity of the water in Great Salt Lake, Utah, is so <A3%1 82  
A B C ?ANW I8'_j  
great that one can not sink or completely submerging oneself in it. w-|Rb~XT h  
D _>gz&  
56. If allowed to turn yellow while still on the plant, bananas lost their characteristically good flavor, the )nN!% |J  
A B 8Km&3nCv$Q  
skin break open, insects enter the inside, and the fruit rots. T3 w%y`K  
C D J;4x$BI  
57. No one took cable television seriously fifteen years ago, when it has been no more than a way for  9q;O`&  
A B C (5T>`7g8  
isolated towns to receive television signals. -]3K#M)s  
D pqG> |#RG  
58. One of most serious human tragedies in the world continue to unfold in some nations, where famine, )5|9EXh  
A B 3vrVX<_  
conflict, and severe drought have brought millions of people close to starvation. 0]d;)_`@  
C D kowS| c#  
59. Cancer researchers have done great progress in the last decade; however, scientists still realize that t=%zY~P  
A B C sI,cX#h&Y  
there are many aspects that need to be studied further. =!TUf/O-  
D ?P9a Xwc  
60. Climatic conditions vary widely from place to place and from season to season, but there is a % .bDK}  
A B C }*x1e_m}H  
recognizable order and pattern in this great diversity of various climates. N*g Ju  
D !W}sOK7#  
61. Only when humans employ nonchemical approaches to pest control creatures such as roaches and Bii'^^I;?  
A B C EjP;P}_i K  
m?S;s ew@5  
rodents will be successfully eliminated. cAR `{%b  
D QK_5gD`$a,  
62. Scientific prediction of earthquakes remains primitive and haphazard; however, scientists can make =~:IiK/#  
A B Y3 $jNuV  
general predictions after monitor magnetic changes along principal faults. D||0c"E  
C D Tm" H 9  
63. One of the greatest factors hindering efficient farming and proper agricultural development in these bQ*yXJ^8  
A (]@S<0  
countries since the Second World War have been the lack of information concerning land capability, tLzLO#/n  
B C _H$Lu4b)N  
utilization, and availability. ~&Z>fgOTJ  
D f:-)S8OJ  
64. Thirteen hundred medical professionals, all of which have been trained to treat drug dependency, A-Ba%Fv  
A B jE0oLEg&  
attended the annual convention sponsored by the Society to Prevent Drug Abuse. Sz5t~U=G  
C D  /  
65. Neil Armstrong’s moon-landing provided a very unique moment not just for his countrymen but for GDLw_usV  
A B C P<pv@ l9)  
people all around the world. 'rhgM/I  
D "0eX/ rY%  
66. Only recently more attention has been paid in the United States to providing special facilities for ox-m)z `7  
A B C aUw-P{zp%  
gifted children. (?e%w}  
D kjYM&q  
67. I don’t mind help Charles with his English, but what annoys me is the way he seems to take my help 2^r~->  
A B C Pb&tWv\ql  
for granted. kj6:P$tH  
D um,f!ho-U  
68. Many people nowadays are changing from large cars to small ones because they are far more z0[@O)Sj  
A B C 4aO/^Hl  
economic. -,8LL@_  
D aHN"I  
69. People who emigrate to a new country usually take a while to adopt to the new way off life. 6b|<$Je9  
A B C D 5Zq hyv=  
70. My manager walked in waving a piece of paper that I had filled wrongly and started shouting that "3RFy i  
A B C D VWft/2p~  
I was useless. f~VlCdf+  
71. Barry Cloud prefers to cook at home rather than eating in a restaurant. Qx)b4~F?  
A B C D <r}wQ\F#  
72. Our inland waterway system was established a century before the railways, and originally spreading HLWffO/  
A B C ;1(^H:7T  
more than 4 000 miles throughout the U.K. NW1Jr/  
D 5%jhVys23  
73. A Coalition government has been formed in Utopia between the Neo-right and the Neo-left parties, zsp%Cz7T  
A A-!e$yz>  
both of them have exactly the same number of seats in Parliament. >pF*unC;  
B C D V,-we|"  
74. If you go on holiday to a country in South-east Asia, you’ll find that everything is cheap comparing D?n6h\h\$%  
A B Yc[umn^K  
to England, whereas, in America and Western European countries you will find that the cost of AR [m+E  
C RqA>"[L  
living is roughly the same. r qjq}L)  
D ?~o`mg  
75.Stormscale, on the morth-west coast of England, has a proportion of around 20 000 in which a high j4/[Z'5ny  
A B C ^MpMqm1?8;  
proportion are children under 12. flCT]ZR  
D $yx\2   
76. If Dr Bannister would not have been the first to run the race in under four minutes he would not be YPGM||  
A B C D :;_ khno  
so well known. i.E2a)  
77. Many experts are so convinced of the benefits of challenging the brain therefore they are putting the ei5YxV6I  
A B C 6=f)3!=  
theory to work in their own lives. cO J`^^P  
D :-RB< Lj  
78. Statistics as well as a course in research methodology are required of all doctor candidates. Ro<779.Gn\  
A B C D *^-AOSVt,  
79. The names Jimmy, Billy and Bobby end in “y” are used especially for boys, but they often continue ^+yz}YFM  
A B C ^5X?WA,Z99  
into adult life. x17:~[c']  
D u IXA{89  
80. Because of air pollution being greatly reduced, this city is still a good place to live. T]\ 1gs41  
A B C D GlJ[rD  
81. It is prohibited by law to mail through parcel post any merchandise that might prove dangerously in ~uhW~bT  
A B C D `jeATxWv  
transport uZl d9u  
82. The dog was the first animal to be domesticated is generally agreed upon by authorities in the field. 'APx  
A B C D boojq{cvYA  
] hT\"5&6  
83. It was not until she had arrived home when she remembered her appointment with the doctor. vaeQ}F  
A B C D |[rn/  
84. Cohen says that we are frequently advised to keep physically active as we age, so older people need Ll KO(Q{"  
A B C  vm! y2  
to keep mentally active as well. M@T{uo  
D Ur+U #}  
85. Those who oppose the building of flats base their case primarily on the assumption that everyone ]zYIblpde  
A B :of([e|u6  
prefers an individual home and garden and the high cost per unit of accommodation. H8YwMhE7  
C D Un]wP`  
86. The sudden illness or death of farmers, farm workers, and others exposed to sufficient quantities of ^;F/^ _  
A B & R_?6*n  
pesticides are very sad and should not occur. M+:5gMB'  
D D }F]Z1('  
87. An inventor or one interested in applied science is usually trying to make something that has a r:sa|+  
A B C 8oE`>Y  
concrete usage. {]6-,/3UR  
D B=OzP+  
88. Dr Jones, the first woman elected president of Ford University, was intelligent, capable, and DCp8rvUI  
A B V< F &\  
awareness of the problems to be solved. brTNwRze  
C D rfonM~3?'  
89. Professor Jackson was able to give me some very good advices when I went to see him about my '=;e# C`<{  
A B C W_@ b. 1  
difficulties with the experiment. s={>{,E  
D #;8)UNc)}  
90. In order to adjust to their surroundings, organisms must respond to such stimuli like light, }36AeJ7L  
A B C D 9"^ib9M  
temperature, and pressure. 6-\Mf:%B  
91. It seems likely that most people in modern western societies are more familiar, at least in a positive 0y|1@CS  
A B h 8$.m Qr  
manner, with journalistic interviewing than with any any other forms of interviewing. B!mHO*g  
C D uNI&U7_"  
92. The decision to withdraw all support from the activities of the athletes cause uproar among the fans. 3 chx 4  
A B C D "iEnsP@'Wg  
93. The trumpet family is much more than a group of related instruments that can stir one with its 6{;6~?U  
A B C ga|<S@u?}  
sound, or narrow tubes of metal capable of producing a variety of musical sounds. n=j) M  
D X[Iy6q t  
94. Various surveys have been conducted into students’ reading speeds, which are measured by the Vsi:O7|+ }  
A B C >e;jGk?-  
number of words reading in a minute. 1 K}gX>F  
D 1$DcE>  
95. A good way of ridding yourself from certain kinds of dogmatism(教条主义)is to become aware of \X\< +KU  
A B dlvU=^G#G  
opinions held in social circles different from you own. ]+`K\G ^X  
C D FrMXf,}  
96. I can think of nothing more troublesome than reaching the theater and discover that I have left the 9Avj\G  
A B C D &L0Ii)Ns  
ticket at home. sR$abN+u  
97. When we observe the language behavior of what we regard as primitive cultures, we find it striking bCP2_h3*  
A B C 9.xb- m7  
elaborate and complicated. ;m] nl_vg  
D ,(oolx"Xa  
98. It is established that many of the world’s scientific literature is published in a language PJ:!O?KVq  
A B DCa[?|Y  
unintelligible to more than half the world’s scientists. .qe+"$K'n  
C D \x$`/  
99. We are all, whatever part of the world we come from, persuaded to believe that our own nation is #3ZAMV  
A B C 2Rys:$  
superior that all others. G "+[@|  
D 1d!s8um;  
100. Most people assume that a text in one language can be accurately translated into another language, { #B/4  
A B C uB\UIz)e  
unless the translator uses a good bilingual dictionary. WyV,(~y  
D [ {"x{;  
关键词: 考博英语
描述
快速回复

批量上传需要先选择文件,再选择上传
验证问题:
3+5=? 正确答案:8
按"Ctrl+Enter"直接提交